24 Aug 2009

Oxfordshire Wedding Photographer - St. Mary's Church, Fairford / Friars Court


Eric & Suzanne - 21st Aug 2009

I must confess I'd kinda forgotten just what Eric & Suzanne were like. I take a photo of couples when we meet (as a memory jogger since many clients book well over a year in advance of their wedding date), but it doesn't always mean I can recall their personality.

Suz is cool and relaxed, Eric is......well......very smiley (and Irish - I'd forgotten that too, duh)! So the day was going to be perfect for me - relaxed, yet with an excitable atmosphere. Even the weather had a turbulent mix of rain & shine - fab for photos, makes the day far more interesting. Yeah, I know all brides want a super hot sunny day, but we photographers have a different idea!

The wedding ceremony was held at St. Mary's Church in Fairford, Oxfordshire. I'd photographed another wedding here in 2006 - amazing how time flies, but great to be back as it's a smashing place. The pity was of course though, that photography was restricted to only a handful of shots - so I get paid to sit around.....a strange concept I always think!

Following on from the church was a short 20 minute drive to Clanfield, and Friars Court. Yet again the wether was an odd mix - sun and rain, warm and cool, in and out. I did however stray a little further away from the main house at Friars Court this weekend and take some shots around the nearby pond. You didn't know it had a pond right - well I'd forgotten too.....having seen it once back in 2006 and now 3 years later revisited it again. Jeffrey and Charles were accommodating as always, even holding a brolly for me whilst I took a few shots of the Bride & Groom.

Photobucket

All good days start with a cuppa tea. Suz's dad made one for me too - good man.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Did the flowers actually come from the Isles Of Scilly? Are they scented Narcissi?

Photobucket

Privacy huh - so you mean no cameras? >Doh<


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Yeah hi!" Ohh you mean someone behind me. My unobtrusiveness (is that a word?) clearly working well here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's Eric - the cat who's about to get the cream......and doesn't he know it?

Photobucket

....here comes the cream!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The vicar sang 'head, shoulders, knees and toes' during the signing of the register - funny but entertaining. Yes, I jest!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love the two women - one far left, one far right in this shot. For once they don't have cameras and are just enjoying the moment.

Photobucket

Watch out for brides trying to steal your handbag.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lucky Eric was there to guide Suz along the path - having your eyes open is overrated anyhow.

Photobucket

"what happens if it rain on your weddings day" - ta na!

Photobucket

Eric - still smiling.....why wouldn't he be, he's now in the car alone with his cream.

Photobucket

"ahhh, not a photograph of us Mr Photographer". Yep, you've made the edit, although I would have preferred your hand in the frame, but hey ho.......got it just about!

Photobucket

Photobucket

At this point we'll be discussing Suz's ring. Nice huh? It's controversial to have an interest in ladies jewelry, but along with my shoe fetish, rings also rank quite highly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ready for take-off.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ahh the pond shots. Yeah, these are them. Good huh.....maybe you don't see the pond, but trust me, there's one close by. I however preferred this bendy stick tunnel thingy. Any keen gardeners out there please feel free to add a comment as to what it's actually called.

Photobucket

Smokin'

Photobucket

Suz still trying to fly, this time she's forgotten her wings though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've even been real keen this week and put together a slideshow of photos......here ya'll go! Press play in the middle to get it going and TURN OFF your SPEAKERS if you watch it at work.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt,

    The photos you've taken of Daniel & Nicola's are AMAZING! Can't wait to see the gems you take of myself and David on Saturday!

    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...