1 Sept 2009

Oxfordshire Wedding Photographer - Ardington House


Alistair & Clare - 28th Aug 2009

Last Friday I was shooting at a venue (Ardington House) which I'd not been to previously. The booking came following a recommendation from one of my previous couples - Keith & Nicola, who got married at Manor House Hotel, Moreton-In-Marsh back in Sept '08. Alisitair and Keith work together at Warner music, hence the connection.

Ardington House is a beautiful building set in fine Oxfordshire countryside. Their website describes it as a Baroque Masterpiece and it's certainly that.

It was great to have a registrar that openly invited me to take photos as and when I wanted. With this venue having an open air option for the ceremony I also had room to roam as I wished to capture the day.

Anyhow, here are a few wedding photos from the day.

Photobucket

Ardington House wedding venue - nice huh?

Photobucket

Photobucket

No sooner were all the guests coming across this little bridge, I of course wanted to go the other way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Easy now. 50 mph gusts aren't altogether great for boating.

Photobucket

Getting married at Ardington House you have the choice of an indoor or outdoor ceremony.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This shot above (of Dad) is exactly the reason why it's nice to be able to take photos during the ceremony (from the front).

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't always take a photo such as this above, but this one really rocks.....perhaps it's the green background in between - who knows, none the less I like it.

Photobucket

Leaving the island where the wedding ceremony was held back to Ardington House for the drinks reception.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've spotted a theme in my photos this day. I've dared to frame vertically (more than the norm) and clearly became a fan of negative space above.

Photobucket

I love these wedding couple portraits. Although the weather was fine, these type of wedding photos are achievable if you did have a wet wedding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is yet another photo I really like. In close with a 24mm lens, lots of 'stuff' happening - just fab. Even got a random bottle of champagne/wine entering the frame far left. Best of all the lady center told me to get out her shot too!

Photobucket

The toilet queue offered some unique photo opportunities.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Boys propping up Ardington House - someone has to right.... after all it is 'quite' old.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love this shot as Ali & Clare walked to the marquee reception.

Photobucket

Wedding speeches - what could be funnier?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And for a fuller selection of the wedding photos here's a little slideshow too..... enjoy.



For more information on Oxfordshire Wedding Photography or ideas on planning your wedding please visit my website Matt Davis Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...