16 Sept 2007

Carry on Cornwall - The Davis' summer vacation

Wahoooo, summer has arrived at last and just in time for my two weeks off in Sept - how about that!

The Davis' had one week at home doing 'nice stuff' (otherwise known as shopping & eating out) followed by a week in Cornwall holidaying (eating ice cream & building sand castles).

To give my weedy little arms a rest from lugging 10kg's of pro photography kit around I chose to take my small digi compact (a Canon IXUS-850IS) and what a great little tool it turned out to be. Alright, so the noise at high ISO, lack of contrast & it's limit in manual setting are a negative but the portability and fun I had with it meant I took photos & made video in all kinds a weird & wonderful ways. Here's just a small taste of a few favs.

CLICK PHOTOS TO SEE LARGER IMAGE

Daisy loved bouncing on the spare bed. "She's just so beautiful", how am I meant to stop taking photos of her!?! Is this every parents problem?





Taking photos whilst cycling made this 'flat ride' a little more exciting! Ummmm... looking at this photo you can't actually tell we're on bikes hey - ohh well, just trust me on this one!


(Above) My wife hadn't ridden a bike for about 10 years but it soon came back to her! I however had so felt it possible to take photos and cycle at the same time! (Below) rest was required though after an 11 mile ride along the Camel Trail from Wadebridge to Padstow.


(Above) This was the fantastic Hemmick beach which we shared with only 6 other people...... how cool!

A trip around picturesque St. Mawes bagged me several super photos, then we ended up back in Mevegissey for Fish & Chips by the harbour.




Fish, Chips & Candy in Mevagissey. Daisy swinging her little feet anticipating her next mouthful, Ali looking perplexed and my mum & dad wondering if I ever stop taking photos.


Above is my fav shot from holiday still taken with the little compact (rested on a hand rail with a slow shutter speed in manual mode). It's also pleasing to see that in the right hands, taking a great photo with a £300 camera can begin to compare with my £3,000 camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...